The Republicans from Duhbya and Darth to McCain aren't so much afraid of the real hurricanes, Gustav and Hanna. What they really fear is the eye wall and storm surge of snark.
This is really too easy:
- Suppose they gave an RNC and nobody came.
- Photo-ops for a failed comb-over.
- Balloon drop into 150 mph winds!
- Obama had Invesco, but we'll always have the Superdome.
- Republicans in disarray - you hadn't noticed already?
- The RNC Welcoming Committee is all that's left. (And boy are they left!)
- McCain, why did you vote against hurricane relief?
I'll save my concern for the innocents who'll lose their lives, their property, and their livelihoods in what comes. The victims may, like Katrina's, have their lives disrupted for years. They are the ones who don't deserve four more years of Bushist Republican misrule. Among others.
Image in the public domain. You and I already paid for it.
Update: See also "How many refugees". The snark continues.