Eleanor Clift ladles on the bullshit:
- Repetition is the key, and we journalists can't be bothered to repeat the truth. The lies are so much more interesting.
- Obama's lead has "melted away". Check the polls - pretty damn steady.
- Please, Democrats, puh-leeze, run a Republican-style dirty campaign. We miss middle school backbiting.
- Democrats shy away from sleaze, not because they're better, but because they're non-confrontational and rationalize that as high-mindedness.
- Tsk-tsk, the election has become a referendum on Obama's personality (thanks, RNC, good talking point!), so Obama better show that McCain waffles and reverses and that he'd be another four years of Bushism.