Obama needs to get fierce and get on the offensive. He doesn't have to get mad but, as Carville says, he has to show how much he cares.
Carville's right about practically everything else in his piece, particularly about the economic records of Democrats vs. Republicans, as Larry Bartels has written about (and Paul Krugman covered months ago). There's a good wedge just lying around for just that purpose.
Pick your favorite gibe and put it on a T shirt:
- McCain doesn't count his condos.
- The White House would make an even dozen.
- Ask me how many houses I have.
- Can you pay? I left my wallet in my other ... house.
- I'm out of touch with my real estate empire.
- Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.