Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bursting the snark bubble

Jack Cafferty tries to find a question to ask that won't get so many damn reader comments: What will you miss about Duhbya?

Even his punctuality got annoying after eight long years. I kept hoping he wouldn't show up at all. Now, if only he'd leave early!

Of course, Jack still gets a lot of comments, even though the Republican partisans are mostly lying low. There's a firm consensus that snark is the proper response to this question, with strong currents of sympathy for Jon Stewart and Frank Caliendo (of FrankTV). Personally, I think those guys are talented enough do fine even if Caliendo has to figure out how to make his ears more prominent. It's guys like me who may have more trouble with the bursting of the tremendous bubble that currently exists in the snark market.

Of the comments I read, my favorite is:

I will miss hoping that he would be held accountable for his actions and ultimately impeached!
So this is a shout-out to Teasha in Florida, who posted that.

No comments: