Monday, March 24, 2008

Like opinions, everybody has one

We Democrats have been wading through a lot of mud lately - only without boots. Lots of alleged grown-ups are saying whatever comes to mind without considering whether they sound like assholes. Yes, Bill, I mean you, and it's not your first offense.

"I think it would be a great thing if we had an election year where you had two people who loved this country and were devoted to the interest of this country," the former president said.
Yes, I also mean Gordon Fischer:
Clinton should never be forgiven. Period. This is a stain on his legacy, much worse, much deeper, than the one on Monica's blue dress.
Of course, I also mean Jeremiah Wright:
God damn America!
Of course, Hillary also looks willing to say anything to be the Democratic Presidential nominee:
“I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say,” she said. “He’s never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.”
I'm all for drawing real distinctions, but can't we all just leave this sort of shit to the Republicans?

Partial image used under fair use. Whole image by Hilary Perkins available from Wikimedia Commons under CCA ShareAlike 2.0.

No comments: