Jack Cafferty commits a common media and Green Party fallacy: Just because Democrats and Republicans share some (admittedly bad) attributes, they share all bad attributes. Yes, Democrats in Washington are too beholden to corporate and wealthy contributors. But here's a small list of major advantages the Dems show me:
- The party with anti-Iraq-war impetus even if not enough of it
- The party of competent FEMA
- The party that will even talk about reversing the Bushists' reverse Robin Hood tax policies
- The party that cares about the environment
- The party of equal rights
- The party of Constitutional government and the rule of law
"A pox on both their houses" is popular because it tells people they can give up on self-government. It's a waste of editorial space.