If the right wing puts "for truth" at the end of the name of one of their pressure groups, Warning! They're going to lie to you.
This vidlet from an abstinence-only group, Parents for Truth, pretends to want comprehensive sex ed, but then finds terrible content in a program, and the blond mother and the black teacher agree that they have to do something about it. Trouble is, their characters include a 13-year-old white girl from an affluent family, when the program that has the objectionable content is for 15-year-old black inner city boys. And it's an HIV prevention program, not a general sex ed program.
The abstinence-only video objects to three things:
- Showering together is a "green light" activity.
- Having a partner search you for a condom is a suggestion.
- There's information about bringing a partner to orgasm.
- Showering together by itself is unlikely to transmit HIV.
- The condom hunt is a playful way to overcome objections to use of a condom after the teens have already decided to have sex.
- The last is probably a way to give alternatives to intercourse, again to teens who have chosen to have sex anyway.