Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why he gets the big bucks

My April Fool's posting had Barack resigning, and I thought it was pretty funny. The rest of the world yawned.

Actually, had I managed to provoke even so much as a yawn, I would have been pleased. I thought the headline might bring in the wingnuts, but even that small stratagem failed.

Yesterday, Andy Borowitz showed how to do this story. So he's four weeks late - he's hysterical:

The reporters seemed stunned by the President's decision in light of the fawning media coverage he received during his first 100 days, but the hyperbolic nature of that reportage, ironically, may have been the prime motivator behind Mr. Obama's shocking move.

"Let's face it, I'm not going to get better coverage than I have to date," he said. "The only guy with a higher approval rating is that dude who landed the plane on the Hudson - or maybe that other dude who escaped from those pirates."
At least I got the structure right.

1 comment:

Linasolopoesie said...

CIAO
Ho postato un bellissimo post
L'ho dedicato e chi crede ancora nell'AMORE

Vieni a visitarlo?

GRAZIE E BUONA NOTTE .LINA