Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rescued

Great thing about a dog is she'll get you out of the house and away from the TV, in tonight's case the Presidential "town meeting." I put "town meeting" into quotes because I've been to town meetings, and they're nothing like this format, although some moderators are as mumble-prone as Tom Brokaw.

So I missed most of the debate, and the part I saw didn't really hold my interest. Obama gave a pretty lackluster performance in the few minutes I did see. McCain was a little better relative to expectations.

Reading is a better way to get real information than sound bite manufactured for the still indecisive middling, muddled, mediocre voter who only turns out every four years. McCNN reports this:

"We will kill bin Laden, we will crush al Qaeda," [Obama] said.

McCain responded in equally strong terms: "I'll get him. I know how to get him. But I am not going to telegraph my punches as Sen. Obama did."

Now that's comedy! No difference in content or intent, except for the chip on McCain's shoulder. Yep, that silly Obama - he revealed the intelligence assets he'd use to find Osama. Not.

No comments: