Monday, August 18, 2008

Falling on his syringe

Those Greeks and Turks keep sending testosterone-laced supplements (scroll to middle of page) to Bulgaria:

The coach for Bulgarian middle-distance runner Daniela Yordanova said he was responsible for her positive doping test. Yordanova was banned Friday after she tested positive for testosterone June 13. "It was a big shock for me, but I should say I am fully responsible for Daniela's positive test," Dimitar Vasilev said. "I've always tried to buy medicines for her physical recovery from well-known companies. But last spring, I bought some medical goods from Greece and Turkey and most probably they caused the problem. Obviously, she consumed some contaminated food supplements."
Jeez, he couldn't come up with a better line of bullshit than to blame foreigners?

No comments: