Monday, March 17, 2008

Comfortable on the world stage


John McCain went to Baghdad with Joe Lieberman and Joe's mancrush. Secretly. In a flak vest, cap, and sunglasses. And I don't blame him for that at all.

But, hey, maybe he rode the Osprey V-22 in the background. That used to be a risky venture.

What I like best about this story (other than the art) is this:

Critics question whether U.S. taxpayers are bankrolling a campaign junket. McCain campaign aides have openly said they hope the trip shows him to be authoritative and comfortable on the world stage.
Yes, I'd prefer to hear names of the critics, but it's so refreshing that spin from campaign aides is sourced to them, even if anonymously.

Of course, the headline makes it appear that McCain is still there. I'd bet against the news getting out before he did.

Image labelled "U.S. Air Force Handout", so I believe I have the right to use it. Thanks to the AP for passing it on.

No comments: