Sunday, January 13, 2008

Can sports announcers even see?

Idly watching Indy vs. San Diego as I blog. Bob Sanders just hurt his hand, and the replay is completely obvious about it getting wedged between a teammate and the ball-carrier. His hand or wrist could easily be broken. Yet the announcers can't figure it out.

This happens all the time. It's usually worse when they're trying to watch the game instead of the monitor, which is almost always a better view, but this is on a replay.

Look, my eyes aren't that great; I've worn glasses for 35 years. I only played one year of football, and the total moron who coached that team didn't teach me anything about football. These professional announcers, one of whom is Dan Dierdorf, who played in the NFL, should be able to see all kinds of things I don't see. Yet they repeatedly fail to deliver anything but canned background stories and hoary old cliches.

At least they can see that Reggie Wayne scored a touchdown...

"I bet they are challenging that." Ya think?

I really believe that the reason the Patriots are better than everyone else is that Bill Belichick is about 40 IQ points above the average NFL coach. And that still only puts him about 140.

Seems as if Idiocracy is here already.

No comments: