Monday, March 8, 2010

How I know I'm not an asshole today

A Facebook friend, who wears her conservative Christianity very publicly, asks:

Does anyone know of companies in ... who offer health insurance to part-time employees?
Last summer, this same friend voted NO on universal health care, voted NO again on universal health care, and posted this video.

Today, I am not commenting on her status that the public option is what she needs. Instead, I am hoping that she and her family find the health insurance they need. That small mercy keeps me from being an asshole. Today.

1 comment:

Mikhail Silverwood said...

Something it takes a person to need something before they realise that that something is what all humans deserve and need as a human right. Otherwise, they'll take it for granted.