Saturday, January 24, 2009

Too good to be true

Sal DiMasi has worn out his welcome with the stink of insider dealing. Is it possible that reelection to the Speakership could have been his swan song? Here's hoping, but I'm not expecting that hope to come true.

Click photo for CCA ShareAlike 3.0 license.

Update (1/25): It appears that my pessimism was unwarranted. Man, I just can't get used to politics giving me what I want.

At this point, I'm sure there are many legislators who are kicking themselves for reelecting this guy Speaker three short weeks ago, but over time, betting on long shots like this sudden resignation would statistically not be good service to your constituents. So, to my friends who are freshly in the legislature, look forward, and don't worry about voting as you did on Jan. 7.

No comments: