Saturday, May 10, 2008

Your flag decal

... won't get you into heaven any more.

Pulled up to a stoplight yesterday behind a massive pickup whose driver had a red, white, and blue chip on his shoulder. It wasn't the flag stickers on his tailgate.

It was the other sticker that said, "If my flag offends you, call 1-800-LEAVE USA."

Offends me? It's my flag too, buddy, even if I value it as a symbol of the Constitutional republic, not as a sacred tribal talisman.

If people are giving this guy the finger, I'm sure it's because of his driving, not his flag stickers. Or maybe it's because he's driving the type of low-mileage vehicle that makes oil so expensive in dollars and blood. In fairness to him, though, he did have a tool box in the bed, so he may really need a big-ass truck, unlike most pickup owners.

No comments: